Jan 26, 2009

Mono Cycle

For those of you who don't know about one of my new obsessions I thought I would throw it out there and shit. I learned how to ride a unicycle when I was 23 years old after seeing Kris Holm In New World Disorder 2 video.

This was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen and I thought why not give it a try. So I bought a burly Muni(mountain unicycle) and got going. Rode down some fun trails and steep hills for about six months. Then the bike trials bug got me bad and I rode nothing other than trials for quite a few years and sold my unicycle. After moving to Grand Forks ND with nothing challenging to ride on my trials bike and limited MTB trails. I thought I would give it another go to try to make the existing environment more challenging. That was a year ago, I now have two new unicycles one for trials and one for the trails and have ridden them in multiple states on crazy trails and interesting obstacles. I have also meet some really nice people in the MN unicycle community(most are more normal than you would think......and yes some are weird juggling circus fucks) In the last year I think I have spent more time on unicycle than on a bike which is crazy when I think about it. I have an great time on one wheel weather on uni or on a bike doing wheels or manuals. I can not wait until my knee is in good enough shape or ride my bikes and unis again.

Song of the day

Most MTB video have the worst poser metal and rock shit music. But every now and again they get a good song in a video, on average I would say one per vid. This song is from New World Disorder 3 and it hooked me good riffs and song construction.


No comments: